Thursday, March 21, 2013

Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2013: The Big Reveal


In addition to Haiku Heights' April Haiku Challenge that will be following the A to Z theme,  I be explore different poetry forms A to Z not repeating and not including haiku, I haven't decided yet if I will just give the basics of each form or also included a poem I write on each form. (Maybe I'll keep that to myself). If I do write a poem for each form, the post will include a bit about that form at least an example from someone else if I do not write one myself and the Haiku Heights Haiku of the day. I'll try to incorporate the haiku prompts into the poem I write-maybe-or relate the haiku to the other poem. The only letters I had trouble with were X and Y. As it stand now,Y is Yeats Inspired and X is either going to be X-shaped or X-rated unless someone as any legitimate ideas.


Please see the blog sidebar for links to the Reveal and the A to Z Challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful theme! I'm looking forward to your posts. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see that, jenn! you're right about the x and z, but maybe around the world you'll find a poetic form fitted. I'll document the Romanian poetic forms and see if i can help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued! Can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting, very interesting...

    Jeremy [Retro] #66
    AtoZ Challenge Co-Host
    Oh No, Let's Go... Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poems from A to Z--what a fantastic idea! Sounds like you've got quite a challenge for yourself :)

    Jaimie
    Living in the Light
    A to Z Ambassador

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats great that you'll be doing poetry! I can't wait to see the different forms of poetry (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds both cool and educational. Look forward to hearing more!

    Hi from Nagzilla bloghopping A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a whole lotta blogging you'll be doing in April, eh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poetry on demand is hard to do -- look forward to your posts in April!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my early ideas when I was trying to think of my theme for this year was very similar - explain the type of poetry and then write an example, except all my poems were going to be inspired by cute dog pictures. Then I remembered I suck at poetry, so I scrapped that idea. :-) I'm so glad your doing it, and I can't wait to read about the different types (I was also missing more letters than X and Y, so hooray for you for finding so many types!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to your posts: haiku & other poetry goodies. I love love love haiku - I wrote my first sunrise haiku in months and it felt SOOOO good!! I'm writing about Literary Grannies. Know any poets whose first name starts with Q? That's all I have left! LOL

    Julie Jordan Scott
    A to Z Participant
    Literary Grannies, A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll look forward to reading your stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Praise, constructive criticism, and discussions welcome. Pure negativity and rudeness will not be approved or tolerated.