Monday, February 18, 2013

That's why the tramp is a lady

I get too hungry, for the latest diet fad
I don’t go to the store scantily clad
I never bother with the raving mad
That's why the tramp is a lady

I don't like to make a scene and a fuss
Won't throw my friends under the bus
Won't throw a tantrum and cuss
That's why the tramp is a lady

I like to dress nice and wear makeup
Just a little
I'm pale, it's OK
Hate all the drama, theatrical dustup
That's why the tramp is a lady


With all the crazy realty TV of so-called high society acting all crazy, I thought it fitting to twist this classic song, The Lady is a Tramp, which at the time was commentary of the snobbish high society be too goody-goody. How far we've fallen. My favorite version is by my favorite singer, Miss Ella Fitzgerald:

 

1 comment:

Praise, constructive criticism, and discussions welcome. Pure negativity and rudeness will not be approved or tolerated.